The Great Commission: Matthew 28: 16-10
Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
St. Andrews participates in many community events all year long. Our goals are to:
- Share the joy of life in Christ with our families, congregations and neighbors both in our community and abroad.
- Provide meaningful opportunities for members and nonmembers to share the joy.
- Consequently we have many opportunities and partnerships we are involve in, serving others in our community.
- Presbyterian Women: Contact person is Mary Oliver
- Partnership with James Island Presbyterian to serve dinner monthly at Crisis Ministries or build with Habitat for Humanity. Contact person is Mary Catherine James
- Feeding of the Multitude-Partnership with the Church of the Good Shepherd to serve Thanksgiving dinner to the needy in our community. Contact person is Mary Catherine James.
- Angel Tree and Halos: Contact person is Mary Catherine James
- Clean City Sweep-Annual even held every April in conjunction with the city of Charleston. Contact person is Mary Catherine James
- Water Mission Walk for Water: Annual event held each March. Contact person is Mary Catherine James
- Special offerings held at various times throughout the year to provide financial support to special groups. Contact person is Mary Catherine James.
If you would like to participate in any of these events, please call the church office at 843-766-4262.