The Great Commission: Matthew 28: 16-10
Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
St. Andrews participates in many community events all year long. Our goals are to:
- Share the joy of life in Christ with our families, congregations and neighbors both in our community and abroad.
- Provide meaningful opportunities for members and nonmembers to share the joy.
- Consequently we have many opportunities and partnerships we are involve in, serving others in our community.
- Presbyterian Women: Contact person is Mary Oliver
- Backpack Buddies Contact persons are Karen Garner or Mary Catherine James. The mission of Backpack Buddies is to fight weekend hunger for 40 children at Stono Park Elementary School, directly across the street from the church. We gather once a month to pack food for the children enrolled in the program.
- Angel Tree and Halos: Our congregation collects school supplies for Halos during our Vacation Bible School. We also buy gifts for children on the Angel Tree every December.
- Clean City Sweep: Annual event held every April in conjunction with the city of Charleston. We collect trash and debris along Wappoo Road for two hours. Contact person is Mary Catherine James
- Water Mission Walk for Water: Annual event held each March. Donations are made to support this event.
- Special offerings held at various times throughout the year to provide financial support to special groups.