Welcome Visitors! Answers To Some Frequently Asked Questions.
1. What time does your Sunday school start? All Sunday school begins at 9:45 am. The Youth class is held in the manse (The building that looks like a house next to the sanctuary). One adult class is held in the fellowship hall behind the sanctuary. The other adult class is held in the preschool/education building in the church parking lot. All of the nursery and children classes are held in the preschool/education building.
Tradition worship begins at 11:00 am in the sanctuary. Manna (contemporary service) is held on the first Sunday of each month at 5:30 pm in the fellowship hall.
2. What should I wear? At St. Andrew’s you will see people dressed from formal to casual. Comfortable, appropriate clothing that honors God is suggested.
3. How long is the worship service? Worship begins at 11:00 am in the sanctuary and lasts just over an hour. After worship all are invited to Moments of Fellowship for snacks. (Fellowship hall)
4. Do you have childcare? Childcare is available for both Sunday school and worship service. Aside from the nursery, young children can enjoy listening to Bible stories and singing songs in our children’s worship. Parents are asked to bring their kids to the adult service, where following the children’s sermon they will be escorted to the Fellowship Hall for children’s worship.
5. Where can I park? We have ample parking in front of the church and in the large parking lot beside the sanctuary.
6. What is the service like? St. Andrew’s has its’ roots anchored in reformed tradition but we are not afraid to branch out. You will hear traditional hymns, taize, classical requiems and even praise music!
7. Do you serve communion? Yes! Communion is shared on the first Sunday of each month, at our Manna worship service, and other special worship services.
8. I am not from a Presbyterian background. Will I fit in? YES! The congregational members we have come from varied backgrounds ranging from Catholic, Baptist or Methodist to non-denominational and others. God welcomes all and so do we!
9. Where are you located: 712 Wappoo Road Charleston, SC 29407 (West Ashley).
10. What are office hours? 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Mon. – Thurs.